Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How to Succeed in Evil

How? Work hard! I ground my voice to dust and worked my fingers to the bone tonight. Computers and hardware are real sons of bitches, but I'm on the right track. I got a USB adapter to plug the guitar right into the computer. Skipping the Amp entirely.

Guitar -
American Fender Telecaster > Blues Driver BD-2 pedal > Lightsnake USB adapter > HP Pavillion > Audacity.exe.

Voice -
Foam mic head over an Olympus WS-300M > Line out cable > HP Pavillion > Audacity.exe > slight echo and bass boost effect.

Important note - NO PITCH CHANGING EFFECTS USED! That's pretty freakin' metal to get it that low.

Here's using the settings above -

And here's using the guitar with the mic near an open air amp (Fender Frontman Reverb) -


Still lots of work to be done. Need a metal pedal instead of a Blues Driver, and just made up lyrics for testing.

(Special thanx to Arch Enemy for providing music while I beat the shee00t out of my PC when drivers kept failing.)

No comments: